White Coat Rally for Child Health Advocacy
The AAP is organizing a white coat rally for pediatricians on the U.S. Capitol Complex on Tuesday, October 24. Join your colleagues from across the country in advocating for child health and calling on lawmakers to put children first!
What to expect:
WHAT: Gather with your colleagues and hear from policymakers, pediatrician leaders, and child health advocates about an array of child health policy issues, and collectively demonstrate pediatricians’ passion for policies that put children first.
WHEN: Tuesday, October 24, immediately following the closing plenary session and concluding by 1:00PM EDT
WHERE: Union Square on the U.S. Capitol Complex, just west of the Capitol building. It’s on 3rd St SW between Jefferson Drive SW and Madison Drive NW (entering “Union Square” into a map application should pull it up)
WHAT TO BRING:
- A white coat. Not required but highly encouraged if you have one!
- Comfortable shoes for standing during the rally.
- Your passion for child health advocacy!
- Any posters you’ve made at our Advocacy Action Center booth (details below)
HOW TO GET TO THE RALLY:
There are three main ways to arrive at the rally location. Transportation will not be provided to and from the rally, so please plan accordingly!
- Rideshare: There are ample ridesharing options in Washington, DC, such as Uber and Lyft, that can get you to Union Square.
- Metro: The rally location is approximately a 10-minute walk from the Federal Center SW metro station or the L’Enfant Plaza metro station.
- Walking from the Convention Center: The rally location is about a 1 mile/25-minute walk from the Convention Center.
WHAT ELSE SHOULD I KNOW?
During the conference, attendees can visit the AAP Advocacy Action Center booth (located in the Connections Corner – near Registration) to color a poster for the rally! AAP staff will be at the booth to answer any questions about the rally or getting involved in advocacy at the Academy.
We hope to see you there!