Important On-Site Health & Safety Information
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for all AAP meeting participants. Please review the following important on-site health and safety information.
All registered meeting participants, staff, vendors and guests must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and must also comply with all applicable regulations imposed by federal, state, and/or local health authorities and government mandates as well as abide by all safety precautions established by meeting and hotel venues. Click here for additional information on AAP’s COVID-19 in-person meeting requirements.
We encourage all attendees to test prior to arriving on-site to verify a negative result. Please visit the CDC website for the most current recommendations on COVID-19 exposure and isolation.
Please remember to bring your own personal masks, as they are required in all indoor conference facilities while not actively eating/drinking.
On-Site Registration Procedures
- All meeting participants will need to verify vaccine status by passing through a CLEAR checkpoint. We highly encourage you follow the CLEAR instructions here to be verified prior to coming onsite. You will be asked to show the green pass and proceed directly to the badge printing stations.
- International attendees (see here), children under the age of 14 (see here), and those who choose not to use CLEAR must be prepared to show ID along with a vaccination verification card (real or photo).
- Once verified, please be prepared to have a photo ID (passport, drivers license, etc) available along with the registration QR code sent to you late September (or once you register) to print your badges at one of the self-service kiosks.
- Once you receive your conference badge, you no longer need to verify vaccination status. You must wear your conference badge at all times.
On-Site General Safety Information
In case of emergency, please call one of the following numbers for the quickest response time (please save these in your phones) or call 911.
Anaheim Convention Center: 714-765-8975
Marriott Hotel: 714-748-2480
Hilton Hotel: 714-740-4330
- Conference badges are required in all conference space both inside the facilities and outside in the convention center Grand Plaza. However, please remove your badge when you have departed the meeting for the day.
- AAP’s private meeting space extends outdoors to include the Grand Plaza and will have security checking badges as you enter.
- If you see something, say something. AAP has hired security that are clearly visible including local uniformed police officers. AAP meeting staff are also available and visible wearing gray conference vests.
- In case of an emergency, you will be notified through the facilities emergency response messaging systems which will provide specific instructions depending on the emergency (to evacuate, remain indoors, etc.)
- The AAP anticipates several groups demonstrating during our meeting. We expect these to be peaceful protests, however, we encourage all meeting participants to remain vigilant and strongly encourage no interaction.
- These groups are not allowed inside any convention facilities or on the convention center Grand Plaza, and must remain outside our established meeting perimeter. Any protestor entering AAP meeting space will be escorted out by security.
AAP Meeting Code of Conduct
- AAP is committed to inclusion, equity, and respectful treatment of all meeting participants and seeks to provide a safe and professional atmosphere in which attendees may learn, network, and participate in a welcoming environment of mutual respect. All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, AAP staff, service providers, and all others are expected to abide by this Code of Conduct.
- AAP reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, respond to any incident of unacceptable behavior, including immediate removal from the meeting without warning or refund prohibiting attendance at any future meeting.