Host an in-person symposium in conjunction with the 2022 AAP National Conference & Exhibition! This meeting will represent a return to the in-person conference, with all sessions and events being hosted in Anaheim, CA.
Symposia are education programs planned and implemented by an ACCME-accredited organization external to the AAP in which AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ is designated. Symposia take place outside of the National Conference education program and are the responsibility of the symposium host.
Symposia are not sponsored, endorsed or accredited by the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Symposia will be offered, on a first-come first-served basis, in the evening on Saturday, Oct 8, Sunday, Oct 9, and Monday, Oct 10.
- Evening: Due to other programming taking place, evening symposia must occur between 6:30pm-8:30pm PDT. This must include registration and any pre-meeting socializing.
- The fee to host a symposium is $20,000
- Your event must be an in-person live session format. All must offer outstanding educational programming and credit for attending.
- All symposia must have a website page to display event information and allow attendees to sign up before arriving onsite.
- We encourage hosts to be creative in ways to engage with attendees as long as there is compliance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education’s (ACCME) Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education.
- All symposia hosts, faculty, and participants must be registered attendees of the 2022 National Conference and adhere to the code of conduct and health & safety guidelines (including vaccination requirements).
- The content creation and promotion of your meeting will remain on the responsibility of each host. As part of the symposia program, the AAP will provide:
- A listing that evening symposia will be taking will be noted in our main conference schedule with a link driving to a symposium landing page which will include the date, time, and title for all the programs along with a website link (to be provided by each host) to your event page.
- AAP will promote symposia (along with exhibitors, product theaters) in one email to attendees in the weeks leading up to the meeting.
- For an additional fee of $5,000, hosts can share enduring video material of their live symposium with National Conference attendees to access and be shared on the National Conference platform/website. The video must live on main website event website for each host.
- August 8, 2022: Deadline to submit application with payment
- August 8, 2022: Deadline to notify AAP of cancellation
- September 15, 2022: Final copy of all promotional and event materials due to AAP
- October 28, 2022: Post-event evaluation info due to AAP