2019 MOC Information
Diplomates of the American Board of Pediatrics (ABP) may earn 15 ABP MOC Part 2 points for attending the National Conference and successfully completing a self-assessment. Follow the instructions below for completing your self-assessment and claiming your points.
- Attend the 2019 National Conference & Exhibition. Only those that are verified full conference attendees are eligible for points.
- Select SEVEN unique sessions that had the highest value to your practice. These sessions must incorporate a variety of session types and must be designated for CME credit. Continuing Medical Education information is available here.
- Complete the MOC Self-Assessment, located on the mobile app or online Conference Schedule by Friday, November 8th, 2019 at 11:59 PM CST. You will be asked to explain how the new knowledge and/or skills you gained from each session will change your practice and impact the care of your patients; detailed examples and how you intend to apply the new knowledge/skills to your patients will be requested. No late assessments will be accepted. Examples of acceptable and unacceptable answers can be found here.
- Within 30 days of the successful completion of your reflective self-assessment, the AAP will upload your points through the Accreditation Council for CME (ACCME) Program and Activity Reporting System (PARS).
- Only Diplomates of the American Board of Pediatrics who are verified full conference attendees of the 2019 National Conference & Exhibition are eligible to receive this credit. If you have a question as to your status, please see: https://www.abp.org/content/verification-certification.
- Your answers should be detailed and unique to the new knowledge and/or skills you gained in each session; please do not provide the same answer for each of the questions.
- The AAP will review all responses and feedback will be provided. If you do not meet the passing standard, you will receive one time-limited opportunity to resubmit your assessment.
- Partial credit is not available, and all questions must be answered and meet the passing standard to receive credit.
- By completing the questions, you give the AAP permission to share your participation information/completion data with the ABP through the ACCME PARS. This will include the name of the activity and provider; participant name; participant’s ABP ID number; participant’s DOB; date of completion of the activity; the PARS activity identifier; ABP MOC Part 2 points statement and number of MOC points awarded.
- You will need your AAP ID number, which can be found on your conference badge or by calling the AAP Customer Service Center at 866/843-2271.
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the activity and individual assessment of and feedback to the learner, enables the learner to earn up to 15 MOC points in the American Board of Pediatrics’ (ABP) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit learner completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABP MOC credit.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the staff at the Information Booths located throughout the conference.