About the American Academy of Pediatrics
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and its member pediatricians dedicate their efforts and resources to the health, safety and well-being of infants, children, adolescents and young adults. The AAP has approximately 67,000 members worldwide. Members include physicians in-training, pediatricians, pediatric medical and surgical specialists, and other pediatric providers.
AAP National Conference & Exhibition
The AAP National Conference & Exhibition is a forum for pediatric professionals to come together for practical
updates and reviews of pediatric practice, research, and advocacy.
Definition of a Product Theater
For purposes of these guidelines, a product theater is:
• A non–CME educational program
• Planned and implemented by the presenting company
• Neither sponsored, nor endorsed by the AAP; and
• Presentations take place during unopposed CME session times
Product Theater Overview
Product Theater Overview
The 2022 National Conference & Exhibition will be hosted in Anaheim, California from October 7-11, 2022. This meeting will represent a return to the in-person conference, with all sessions and events being hosted in Anaheim. A portion of the in-person program will also be made available to a virtual audience. Additional details of the virtual attendee experience will be available at a later date.
Product theaters will be offered, on a first come first served basis, during unopposed CME session times.
The product theaters will be offered in-person will be located in the exhibit hall. They will seat 100 people. The AAP will offer the option to add on to the product theater package by hosting your presentation on-demand in the AAP Virtual Platform. The presenting company would be responsible for recording their presentation and must supply the video to the AAP for on-demand availability.
*Presenting companies must be an AAP exhibitor.
*The on-demand option is only available to companies that participate in the in-person product theater program.
The product theater package includes:
- Tile within the AAP virtual conference platform on exhibits home page promoting product theaters.
- Participation in the AAP Scavenger Hunt to continue promotion of your product, services and presentation.
- All product theater presentations will be listed on the conference website, on a product theater page.
- Listing on the conference website includes date/time, the title, company name and a link to your event site.
- The listing is public facing. It is not a private webpage.
- AAP will promote the product theater (along with exhibitors and symposia) in an email to attendees in the weeks leading up to the meeting.
- Theater seating
- Complete audio visual package
- Option to add food & beverage (at an additional cost)
- Lead retrieval
- Product theater applications will be reviewed for acceptance on a first-come, first-served basis. The AAP reserves the right to continue the selection process if all slots are not filled.
- AAP National Conference faculty and/or Section/Council Executive Committee members are not permitted to present for a product theater.
- Product theaters are facilitated by the presenting company, in accordance with AAP guidelines. Presenting companies must be a current year exhibitor.
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) credit may not be offered by companies/organizations for their educational presentation.
- All marketing & promotional pieces for the product theater(s) must include the following text: The presentation for this Product Theater is not designated for CME credit. This presentation is neither sponsored nor endorsed by the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- All marketing pieces must be submitted to the AAP for review and approval.
- The materials must clearly show that the product theater is sponsored by the company and not the AAP—this determination is up to the discretion of the AAP.
- On-demand presentations to be viewed after the in-person meeting must maintain the same topic as the original topic presented in-person.
- The AAP will not promote product theater presentations that have not been paid in full.
- All presentation topics will be reviewed by the AAP before being accepted. Upon acceptance, time slots will be provided on a first-come, first served basis.
- Submissions should be sent to: Eva Fujino, AAP Exhibits Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
- This fee is due 30 days upon receipt of the commitment/invoice form. If payment is not received within 30 days of receipt, the AAP has the right to release your space.
- The AAP reserves the right to restrict and/or dismiss at any time any event it deems undesirable, in poor taste, or offensive to attendees or for non-compliance with these guidelines.
- Topic selection, speaker and the marketing efforts are the responsibility of the presenting company. The AAP is not responsible for final attendance of product theaters.
All cancellations must be received in writing. An accepted submission for product theater must cancel on or before June 24, 2022. Cancellations before June 24, 2022 are entitled to a 50% refund. Cancellations after June 24, 2022 will not be entitled to a refund.
The AAP expects all presenting companies and affiliated parties to uphold the highest level of professionalism in alignment with AAP standards to facilitate a positive and professional learning environment.
All product theater speakers must be reviewed and approved by the AAP prior to promotion of the product theater. The Committee on Continuing Medical Education (COCME) does not allow the AAP Board of Directors, AAP National Conference faculty, National Conference Planning Group members, COCME voting members, and AAP Section/Council Executive Committee members to participate in a product theater (as planning group or speaker).
Use of AAP Name, Logo, or Seal
The AAP expects product theater sponsors will avoid any implication that product theaters are planned, implemented, endorsed or sponsored by the AAP. Promotional materials of any kind as well as program materials may not use the AAP’s logo or AAP conference logo. Phrases such as “presented during,” “presented in conjunction with,” “preceding,” or “prior to” may not be used. This rule applies to materials developed for use before, during, and after the conference.
Invitation/Promotion Content/Handouts/Enduring Content
ALL promotional and program materials for a product theater must be reviewed and approved by the AAP including flyers; brochures; invitations; advertisements; websites; signage; and press releases/media communications. This includes enduring material as well.
Please allow 7 business days for approval upon receipt of materials for review. Once approved, any proposed revisions must be submitted for approval as well. A final copy of all promotional materials must be submitted to Eva Fujino at email@example.com .
The AAP suggests that presenting companies factor this requirement into their production timelines for promotional materials. In addition, the AAP recommends that presenting companies do not print materials or go live with web sites before approval from the AAP has been received. The AAP is not liable for any expenses that may be incurred if changes must be made to pieces that have already been produced.
Promotional Materials and Handouts
Prior to submitting promotional materials to the AAP for approval, please be sure that you have considered and included the following:
- Name of presenting company on the marketing piece.
- Instructions for potential attendees about the registration procedure for the event.
- AAP disclaimer statement :
The presentation for this Product Theater is not designated for CME credit. This presentation is neither sponsored nor endorsed by the American Academy of Pediatrics.
Reach new heights through strategic brand-building before, during and after the Conference. Both print and digital advertising options are available to help you extend your reach to highly engaged and focused pediatric professionals. Please contact Joe Frank firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
The AAP reserves the right to restrict and/or dismiss at any time any event it deems undesirable, in poor taste, or offensive to attendees or for non-compliance with these guidelines. By applying to host a product theater, you agree to adhere to the guidelines set forth by the AAP Guidelines for Product Theater. Any violation of these guidelines may result in the immediate dismissal of your program and removal from the exhibit floor (if applicable), and the AAP reserves the right to reject future applications for a product theater who has violated these guidelines.