The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) Virtual Exhibition is an extension of the continuing medical education program of the AAP. In order for your application to be accepted by the AAP, your products and services must be related to the practice of pediatrics, and you must be in good financial standing with the AAP. The AAP has the right to withhold approval of the exhibition of products and services, which in its judgment do not further the education, scientific, or practice needs of our members and attendees. At the request of AAP or Show Management, an exhibitor shall remove any product or service included in the display for which approval has not been given. Show Management’s decision and interpretation shall be accepted as final in all cases.
These rules and regulations are a bonafide part of the contract for exhibit space with the American Academy of Pediatrics, hereinafter referred to as AAP National Conference & Exhibition which is managed by Corcoran Expositions, Inc., hereinafter referred to as Show Management, on behalf of THE AAP, the Show’s owner and sponsor. Show Management reserves the sole right to render all interpretations, amend and enforce these regulations and to establish any and all further regulations not specifically covered below to assure the general success and well being of the Show. Each exhibitor, for himself, his employees, and his contractors, agrees to abide by these regulations and by any amendments or additions hereafter made by Show Management. Show Management reserves the right to decline, prohibit, deny access or remove any exhibit which in its sole judgment is contrary to the character, objectives, and best interests of the Show or suitable for its attendee audience. This reservation includes, but is not limited to, any violation of any public policy or these rules and regulations and extends to persons, things, printed matter, products, and conduct. The AAP reserves the right to refuse applications of concerns not meeting standards required or expected, as well as the right to curtail exhibits or parts of exhibits that reflect against the character of the meeting.
Full payment of the virtual booth must accompany this application. Applications received without such payment will not be processed nor will a virtual exhibit booth be confirmed. Acceptance of this application by AAP constitutes a contract. Virtual exhibit booths are non-cancelable and non-refundable.
- EXHIBITS & PUBLIC POLICY: Exhibitors that collect attendee information from attendee badge bar codes (lead retrieval), may not share or sell the collected information. Contracted companies that are exhibiting are responsible for outside companies that are selected to capture attendee contact information. The usage of email addresses collected from previous years is prohibited. Attendee email addresses are not permitted to be added into a database for continued usage.
- GIVEAWAYS: Novelty gifts or souvenirs not manufactured by the exhibiting company must be submitted to the AAP for review. These premiums should be items that can be used during the meeting or in the professional activities of the attendee. Please fill out the notification of intent to distribute premiums, novelty items or food products form, which can be found in the Online Exhibitor Service Manual. The AAP may withhold or withdraw permission to distribute souvenirs, advertising, or other materials it considers objectionable. Use of the AAP, AAP logo or conference logo is prohibited.
- INDEMNIFICATION: Exhibitor agrees that it will indemnify and hold and save Show Management whole and harmless of, from and against all claims, demands, actions, damages, loss, cost, liabilities, expenses and judgments recovered from or averted against Show Management. Such indemnification of Show Management by Exhibitor shall be effective unless such damage or injury may result from the sole negligence, gross negligence or willful misconduct of Show Management. Exhibitor covenants and agrees that in case Show Management shall be made a party to any litigation commenced by or against Exhibitor or relating to this lease or the Premises leased here under, then Exhibitor shall and will pay all costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees and court costs, incurred by or imposed upon Show Management by virtue of any such litigation.Use of Certain Property. Exhibitor will assume all costs arising from the use of patented, trademarked, or franchised materials, devices, processes or dramatic rights used on or incorporated in the exhibitor’s space. Exhibitor shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the AAP, Show Management, the City and their officers, directors, members, agents and employees from and against all claims, demands, suits, liability, damages, losses, costs, attorneys’ fees and expenses of whatever kind or nature, which might result from or arise out of use of any such material(s) described above.
- WAIVER: Show Management shall not be deemed to waive any of its rights here under unless such waiver is explicitly stated as a waiver in writing and signed by Show Management. No delay or omission by Show Management in exercising any of its rights shall operate as a waiver of such rights and a waiver of rights in writing on one occasion shall not be construed as a consent to or a waiver of any right or remedy on any future occasion.
- ATTORNEYS’ FEES: Should Show Management find it necessary to employ an attorney or attorneys to enforce any of the provisions of this agree mentor to protect in any manner its interest or interests under this agreement, Show Management, if it is the prevailing party, shall be entitled to recover from the other party all reasonable costs, charges, and expenses including attorneys’ fees.
- OTHER REGULATIONS: Any and all matters not specifically covered by the preceding rules and regulations shall be subject solely to the decision of Show Management. The Show Management Shall Have Full Power To Interpret, Amend, And Enforce These Rules And Regulations, Provided Exhibitors Receive Notice Of Any Amendments When Made. Each Exhibitor And Its Employees Agrees To Abide By The Foregoing Rules And Regulations And By Any Amendments Or Additions Thereto In Conformance With The Preceding Sentence. Exhibitors Or Their Representatives Who Fail To Observe These Conditions Of Contract Or Who, In The Opinion Of Show Management, Conduct Themselves Unethically May Immediately Be Dismissed From The Exhibit Area Without Refund Or Other Appeal.