Tuesday, November 6, the last day of the 2018 National Conference & Exhibition in Orlando, FL, is Midterm Election Day with many important federal, state, and local races and issues on the ballot.
It is especially important for AAP members and their voting age family members, who are traveling to the National Conference, to take these steps before heading to Orlando:
- Check your voter registration status to ensure it is up-to-date.
- Register to vote. Don’t delay! While some states allow registration closer to election day, most require this process to be complete 30 days before an election. See your state’s voter registration deadlines for details.
- Check your state’s voter ID requirements. If you’ve recently relocated, you may need to obtain the correct state identification required at your polling place.
- VOTE! If you will not be home on election day there are ways you can still cast your ballot in advance. Here’s how:
- If you arrive home by Tuesday, November 6, and can vote in-person, remember to bring required identification and get to your polling place during hours of operation.
- Voting assistance for service members, their families, and overseas citizens is available from the Federal Voting Assistance Program.