Host a virtual symposium in conjunction with the 2021 AAP National Conference & Exhibition! The 2021 conference is being planned as a robust hybrid experience both in-person in Philadelphia and virtually. The conference will offer world-class education, special events, and many unique experiences to reach a broader audience than ever before!
Symposia are education programs planned and implemented by an ACCME-accredited organization external to the AAP in which AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ is designated. Symposia take place outside of the National Conference education program and are the responsibility of the symposium sponsor.
Symposia are not sponsored, endorsed or accredited by the American Academy of Pediatrics.
The 2021 National Conference will offer virtual evening symposia allowing sponsors to engage with attendees virtually.
- Symposia will be offered on first come, first serve basis Oct 9-11, 2021.
- The fee to host a symposium is $20,000.
- All groups are responsible for facilitating their own virtual/online event through their own software and must have a website page to house the event/for attendees to register beforehand. AAP will need to be provided a registration login in order to audit the event. There are no restrictions on which platform is used.
- We suggest having programs be 1-1.5 hours in duration based on virtual education best practices (max of 2 hours).
- Events should be a ‘live webinar’ format vs pre-recorded content and offer outstanding educational programming and credit for attending. If groups wish to pre-record parts and stream live with a production company to minimize any technical issues, that is fine.
For additional details, please review the following guidelines and FAQ.
Promotion Will Include:
- A listing that symposia will be taking place will be noted in our main conference schedule with a link driving to a symposia landing page which will include the date, time, and title for all the programs along with a website link (to be provided by each group) to the event page.
- Each group will be provided one-time access to use our attendee mailing list of addresses, we typically release this 4-weeks prior to the meeting.
- AAP will promote symposia program (along with exhibitors and product theaters) in one email to attendees in the weeks leading up to the meeting.
Applications are now being accepted!
Please fill out the below application and submit to email@example.com. Symposia are offered on first come, first serve basis.