Welcome to the 2017 National Conference & Exhibition in Chicago. The Windy City boasts some of the greatest cuisine, attractions, and entertainment in the US. Chicago is home to several of the top 100 restaurants in the country, the tallest building in the US, and one of the best orchestras in the world — the Chicago Symphony Orchestra.
Visit Discover Chicago to learn more about what to do during your free time at the 2017 National Conference.
Once you complete the form and click submit, you will receive an email with an invitation letter attached (PDF format).
If you must apply for a temporary non-immigrant visa to attend a live CME event, you are advised to apply as soon as travel to the United States is contemplated and not later than 3-4 months in advance. APPLY EARLY! The AAP offers an official letter of invitation for attendees. The visa letter of invitation though not required for the visa application can assist as a supporting document. Present this letter of invitation from the AAP to the consular officer during the visa interview. This letter does not guarantee admittance into the U.S., but can provide compelling evidence for immigration officials to consider. Please note that the AAP cannot intervene with either U.S. embassies abroad or with the U.S. State Department on behalf of any participant.
Book with us to take advantage of benefits only available through CMR Global Group Services:
International group attendees must reserve their room blocks through CMR Global Group Services (CMR GGS), AAP’s official housing agency, to avoid penalties. There will be a per registrant fee of $125 for each registrant not reserved through CMR GGS. Please contact CMR GGS at AAP@cmr-globalgroupservices.com with any questions.
- International Plan: includes room, breakfast, porterage, taxes, gratuities, shuttle service, and help desk*
- The Lowest Official Hotel Rates offering early booking and no-penalty name changes**
- Avoid Additional Registration Fees when booking through official housing
- Preferred Hotels Guaranteed once booked
- Secure Payment Processing and online room block management
- Multilingual Meetings and Conventions Manager dedicated to your group from online to onsite
- Four International Offices offering live chat and technical support in your timezone
- Assistance Facilitating Visa Processing, CME credit transfers, and the dissemination of official authority letters
*Shuttle service to/from Convention Center and group help desk availability may vary depending on the chosen hotel, as per official schedule.
**Booking for International Plan is available before the availability of domestic housing. Flexible Room Rate gives flexibility for changes of guest names without penalties.
Housing Telephone 1/305-866-5313 email AAP@cmr-globalgroupservices.com.
The Visa Waiver Program (VWP) enables nationals of certain countries to travel to the United States for tourism or business for stays of 90 days or less without obtaining a visa. For more information visit the U.S. Visa Website and click on Visa Waiver Program.
Travel Approval Required for Visa Waiver Countries
Visa Waiver Program (VWP) countries are now required to obtain approval through the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) prior to traveling to the United States. This requirement applies to all eligible citizens or nationals traveling under the VWP, ESTA is a web-based system, initially launched in August 2008, which determines the preliminary eligibility of visitors to travel under the VWP prior to boarding a carrier to the United States. It collects the same information as the paper I-94W form that VWP travelers currently fill out en route to the United States. To date, more than 1.2 million ESTA applications have been received, and more that 99.6 percent of applications have been approved, most within seconds. Travelers without an approved ESTA are advised, however, that they may be denied boarding, experience delayed processing, or be denied admission at a U.S. port of entry. Visitors may apply for travel authorization via the ESTA Website.
Tips for Successful Visa Applications
- Include a letter of invitation from the meeting organizer.
- When possible, provide proof of professional scientific, and/or education status, society membership and/or meeting registration.
- Visa applications are expected to provide evidence that they intend to return to their country of residence. Therefore, applications should provide proof of binding or sufficient ties to their home country or permanent residence abroad. Visa applications are more likely to be successful if done in the visitor’s home country.
- Applicants should present their entire trip itinerary, including travel to any countries other than the United States, at the time of their visa application.
- All applicants must be able to qualify for a visa on their own merits under the requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act.
Useful Visa and Travel Websites
AAP telephone 1/847-434-4000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the AAP Information Booth in the convention center to pick up your International Physician Certificates of Attendance.